Fariborz Fred Matloob Foundation, and its sister organization Fariborz Fred Matloob Unit of B’nai B’rith (together “The Foundation”) are humanitarian, non-religious, non-political, and not-for-profit organizations with a mission to preserve and promote Persian social and cultural values among the Iranian population of Los Angeles by creating and supporting various educational, cultural and entertainment programs.
Since all of the Foundation’s board members are volunteers, 100% of the net proceeds of its fundraising events or seminars goes to support organizations that take care of children with physical, mental, or financial needs and their families, regardless of race, religion, or ethnicity.
During each calendar year, through seminars or celebratory events, the Foundation strives to keep its members and the community at large informed of the latest developments and current issues in our community and the world.
The Foundation’s seminars and events have several purposes. For instance, a seminar may be educational, such as a lecture, where the participants engage in the discussion of an academic subject for the aim of gaining a better insight into the subject and gaining knowledge or tips about the topic of discussion. Other forms of educational seminars are to impart skills or knowledge to the participants. Or a seminar can be motivational, in which case the purpose will be to inspire the attendees to become better people, or to work towards implementing the skills they might have learned from the seminar.
In other instances, seminars could be simply a way for professionals, businessowners, or other like-minded people, to network and meet other attendees with similar interests. Such seminars supply opportunities for the attendees to make potentially valuable contacts that can help them move to the next level in their careers or endeavors.
Our seminars allow allied members to share their expertise and ability, while networking with key decision makers.
- Impart skills or knowledge to the participants
- Ensure the community stays current with latest developments in science, current issues, or healthcare
- Inspire the attendees to become better people,
- Enable the community to network
- Learn from successful leaders of the community.
- Celebrate the accomplishments and achievements of Young Iranian Americans
- Ensure the participants stay current with latest trends and offer professional development to small business owners.
- Celebrate Persian Art, Culture and Heritage:
- Support literary publications
- lifetime Achievement Awards
- Book Signings